Friday, March 27, 2009

Kubla Khan

1.This poem was rather difficult  for me to read and I really didnt get the jist of it so Im just gona write about what I got from the poem. The only thing I really noticed from Coleridge was that they used visual imagery to describe what was going on through the poem such as when they were talking about the place to envision. This brought an image to my head about where and what they were looking at. Some other things that I thought about was the way the garden looked. This is really the only thing that held my attention because I had no idea what was going on throughout the poem. So without the visual imagery that he showed off to me I wouldnt of understood anything and just would of been reading words. If I was to write a complicated poem like Kubla Kahn I would also use visual imagery like Colridge to hold the readers attention especially for people like me.

2. The only thing I got from Ozymandias was that it was about a statue called Ozymandias and it was destroyed. This idea/topic was described by the people in poem, they also described how depressed this made everyone because of the love they had for the statue and because it really meant a lot to them. I couldnt figure out why this meant soo much to this people.

No comments:

Post a Comment