Friday, April 3, 2009

Hamlet

Since Ive started to read Hamlet I havent really understood much from the first two scenes. If it wasnt for what we done this week in class I wouldnt have any clue what was going on in the play. What we did this week in class is exactly what Id like to do with things I dot uderstand. Take Hamlet for example. We all got into gorups an took excerpts from the play and had to translate them into what todays people could understand and coprehend. Then not only did we translate the words we acted out to the class what I thought was more descreptive then ever because I got to see how the characters act in the play. I like this because I really couldnt get a feel for what kind of emotion they show as they read their parts in the play. The reasoning why I think im not too good at reading Hamlet is simply because when I dont understand a line or two I go to translate it and by the time I figure out what it really means I lose my whole thought about what was going on previously in the play. I dont see myself reading shasphere for fun in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment